Life of Pi: Movie Review

How do I start this. Let me think, I've read the book and I like it. Not as much as Cloud Atlas or The Perks Of Being a Wallflower, but as the movie come to life Ishould say that probably this movie was the best adaptation for this year (I haven't see The Perks of Being a Wallflower yet and The Great Gatsby hasn't been released).

The way Ang Lee described Pi  and Richard Parker's relationship is perfect. Like the book has come alive. Richard Parker is just scary but lively and a very great companion. Suraj Sharma was a very good actor indeed. Not everyone can act like that with a Bengal Tiger. I would love to though. Richard Parker looks awesome lol.

Back to the movie. I barely remember about Anandi is she really exist on the book, I really forget please kindly remind me about her. And I really dissapoint because the scene Pi with the Pastor, Uztad, his Math's teacher, and Hindu's leader is not there. And the story about how Pi becomes blind and almost get eaten by some stranger but Richard Parker saved him. But overall I said that this movie is something. The picture is just cool, the 3D efects was awesome, the ocean was very beautiful, and the animals are too beautiful to let the die and wasted at the end of the sea.

Through the movie I catched a message and I just realized that like after 5 hours after the movie. In the end Pi said: "There are two stories, one is with the animals and the other don't, which story are you like the best?", then the writer hesitated and said, "The one with the animals". The Pi conclused, "Same with God". I kept thinking about what does it mean. Then something hit me. He means to say whatever you want to believe, whatever religions you believe, God is exist and He kept you in his own very special way (trust me, I'm far from religious, but I do believe that God exist, I really do). That is how Pi is a Hindu, Catholic, and Moslem.

One more thing that I can get is animals too has soul. They are not to be wasted or hurt. They too have love and compassion, like hoe Orange Juice defend the Zebra and Richard Parker helped Pi.

So, good movie with a deep message, Life of Pi is worth watch. It does not boast well-known actreess or actors, or crews. It's just simply beautiful and nice. My overall rating is 8,8/10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Hjrs6WQ8M

Comments

Popular Posts