Traveling Blog: Gili Trawangan

Hi everyone! Back again with the travelling post, after a long time since any posts. Thanks for last week's long weekend, I got the chance to traveling to yet, another place with many beaches and scorching hot sun! I always think that I'm more of a beach people than mountain. Coincidentally, we've searched for cheap tickets like 6 months ago to Lombok. Lombok is an island across Bali, administratively Lombok is listed as Nusa Tenggara Barat, and Nusa Tenggara Barat and Nusa Tenggara Timur are very well known for their beauty, nice and quiet beaches, beautiful seas, and of course, summer all year long like everywhere in Indonesia. The most famous places from Lombok are the three Gilis, Gili Trawangan (the biggest island, but still a small island), Gili Air, and Gili Meno. Nowadays, many Gilis were explored and now open for public, and you can hop to those little island by boats, just be careful for there are so many scams for transportation to go to these Gilis, do some browsing first, the key is to believe what the previous travelers said instead of believing the locals that asked you to pay for faster boat.

For this trip, the team consist of four people. Rena (me), Mitha, Corry and Ratih. All (single) girls, in a mission to search for new experience, have fun, and hopefully finding a new love HAHAHA. We flew from Jakarta using the first flight of Garuda Indonesia, then arrived at Lombok happily, and safely, only to found ourselves in an absurd situation, my backpack went missing........ After we land, we went to the toilet without checking the baggage claim yet, since usually, it took a long time. Then an officer asked us on what happened, then I said my backpack isn't anywhere I can see.

Where is my backpack?

He asked for the boarding pass, then went on the back to search for my backpack... After a long 10 minutes, he went back bringing my bag! He said, "It was almost fly to Sumba in another plane!". Well, that's new, I've never lost my baggage ever, but thanks to quick response from GA's staff, my bag is back! And now we're ready to stroll!

We're going out to search for taxi, or bus to go to Bangsal, then ride the public boat to Gili Trawangan. Then we decided to ride a bus (damri), since the price of the taxis are madly expensive, in Indonesian we said, "Mending uangnya buat makan bakso", it was better if we use the money for food instead of riding an expensive taxis is we can use public bus. It was a soft scam, you know, they didn't try to push or said "YOU MUST RIDE THE TAXI" instead they just went on if you don't want to, but if you do they will give you a marked up price.

Backpack is safe, let's take a wefie!

If you want to go to Gili Trawangan by boat from Lombok, here's how we do it. After landed, you can go by taxi, but be careful with the price, using meters it was only around 200k IDR, but using airport taxi it can reach 300k IDR. I prefer to ride Damri, you can pay for 35k IDR to Senggigi, then from Senggigi, you can stop a public taxi to Bangsal and paid 100k IDR. Public taxis cannot enter Bangsal harbor, so usually they dropped you off in front, then you can walk or use the chidomo (carrier with horse) for 20k IDR if you're lazy. But then, if you ride this chidomo, it will drop you in front of a ticket booth, which is not the official ticket booth, they offered us a fast boat, which is 300% more expensive than the public boat! Just say no, and walk through until you can see an official office near the harbor, you'll know when you see it. The price for local is 20k IDR per local person. I forgot the price for foreigners, but it shouldn't be that far from the local price. Then we arrived safely to Gili Trawangan, a small cuts of heaven.

On the Boat!
Gili Trawangan doesn't allowed any motor vehicles. There we used chidomo, or bike. We four stayed in a hotel that unfortunately far from the harbor, so we cannot walk or use bicycle to go there, so we have to rent a chidomo. Here's when the funny part happened. While we were busy organizing or backpacks and hopping to the cart, Mitha and Corry already hopped in and that's when the horse decided to run off with them both, leaving me, Ratih and the driver behind. That was FUNNY for me, obviously not for Ratih, Mitha and Corry. Too bad I cannot reach my camera to made the memory eternal. But at one sec, Ratih that was beside me before dashing off to I don't know where, while I'm busy laughing LOL, that was the best laugh I've ever had since a while! Diajak lari kuda HAHAHA Mending kalo diajak lari laki LOLOLOL

Looks like I've been dumped haha

Chidomo

It feels like a longggggg journey from Jakarta with funny things happened when we finally arrived at our guest house, and no kidding, we loved the place where we're going to stay for two nights! Pantai Karang Guest House. It's nice, with good ambiance and there is cat! A cute fatty cat! Our usher, named Zaky have been really helpful during our stay.
Pantai Karang Guest House

Pantai Karang Guest House

Quick, we need to meet sunset for our first day! After all, what's the trip to an island without watching sunset?! But, first thing first, I already mentioned that in Gili there are no other transportation than bicycles and chidomo, forget the chidomo since it was expensive and unpractical to get going from one place to another so we need to ride the bikes. And have I mentioned that Corry and I cannot ride bikes? HAHA, I know right, where have we been on our childhood, yeah. But alas, I somehow ride the bicycle for 3 whole days safely! I am so proud of me, you have to be proud of me too. The problem stay lay with Corry, she didn't want to ride the bikes, soooo she hitched Ratih for 3 days, making Ratih worked extra hard on pedaling the bicycle hahahahaha. After sunset, we pedaling around the island, to search for the famous night market when you can found the food! FOODS! 
First Sunset at Gili Trawangan
FOODS!

Gili Trawangan Night Market

Since we already awake from the early morning to catch the morning flight, the first day was closed after food, a nice cup of gelato, transferring sunset pictures from the cameras, then went straight to bed, without partying. 



Second day! Time to snorkel and exploring the sea! This was the highlight, it's been a long time since I was on the sea with the fish I can't even wait!! We went to the harbor at 10 am, and paid 100k IDR per person. Then we ride a boat to get on to the sea. Gili's underwater's life are awesome and pretty!! The water is so clean and clear, the air is so fresh. Writing seems useless here, let me just show you the pictures.  My favorite is the sea turtle, so magnificent and breathtaking (literally, well, on the sea).

Gili Trawangan's Underwater

So Clear

So Fresh

Good Swim

Wonderful Opportunity!

Hello there Mr/Mrs. Turtle! Nice to Meet You.

This is why I call this place is a little cuts of heaven. It was really beautiful, and still not to crowded like Bali. I love Gili Trawangan. And by snorkeling around the island it also giving us a good tan lol, just kidding, the tan is good but I got sun burnt too, with many freckles popping around my face, I was sun kissed.

Just, when you playing around on the beach or the sea, don't leave anything by anything I mean anything! The trash is unbearable at the last site (we do snorkeling at three sites). It was sad and annoying. We swim through the trash! 

After a good swim, got burnt and roasted on the sea, we four pedaling to the sunset point again. This time on a mission to search for good bikini pictures! haha. And we got it! With other pictures as well. It seems like the whole island was compatible for photo shoot lol. Such a perfect place for banci kamera like us.

I just learned to ride the bike a day before.

Now I can ride with ease

Girls

GIRLS!

This time we didn't get the sunset on the Sunset Point, instead we got it on the way to Guest House.
Somewhere in Gili Trawangan


For the last night, we decided to party on! The music was meh, the crowd was MEH, but the atmosphere was perfect! It would be perfect if it's not for those local perverts and the local alay, they totally ruined the mood. Maybe next time we'll need to joined for more exclusive party like Jiggy Boat. 
After the sun burned our skin

After the crazy party at Irish Pub


After the night party on, we go back to Lombok early the next day. And unto the next post! Thanks for reading!

XO

Comments

  1. most beautyfull place for vacation dont forget visit on my page http://mesinindo.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts